Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Christmas is in the air..at least, it was until it rained today!

This past weekend, John and I got ready for Christmas. We dug out our tree, decorated it with what we had, bought what we didn't....put the rest of the Christmas things around the house and the wreath on the door. It is so nice to finally have our first Christmas together in our own house, just the two of us. Everything looks so festive! And I even got my Christmas cards done, I just have to pop them in the mail. My mom doesn't like talking to me when I brag to her about how much I got done...but keep in mind, I am home full time right now so I have all of the time in the world to get ready for Christmas...and finish all of WIPs, but we're not going to talk about that.

Oh, and the cat can't stay out of the Christmas tree. It is Day 3 of dealing with him and he is driving me bonkers! Every time I turn around, he is sitting under it, chewing on it and whatever else he can find, waiting to pounce on my toes when I walk by OR climbing as high as he can on it and batting my ornaments around. I thought cats were supposed to lower your blood pressure! I'm TRYING to come to terms with the fact that cats and trees are meant to be and I cannot change that.

In a few quiet moments today while Marmelade was sleeping, I did manage to get some knitting done on my poncho. Thank goodness! I'm going to my first knitting group this Thursday (Thanks again Lisa...I am SO excited!) so I'm trying to get some more done on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home