Saturday, November 26, 2005

My Knittin and Scrappin WIPs

So as I'm reading other people's blogs, I have realized that I am definitely not a true knitter...I only have 3 WIPs: a poncho, which was supposed to be a great summer poncho which has turned into the poncho that will never be finished; a scarf, which I started when I was totally inspired and decided I would whip off scarves and mittens for all of John's sister's family, and I don't know how to knit mittens; and a purse that I knit up like at least 3 years ago, but still sits in pieces because you are supposed to crochet it together and I don't know how to crochet and I'm sure I could attach it any old way that I want to but I haven't because I'm hoping I will still learn how to crochet. In my own small number of WIPs defence, I have promised myself that I would not buy any more yarn (ie start any more projects) until I finish the poncho, but now that I know this is normal....I AM GOING TO START A NEW PROJECT! But what? I have seen so many cute patterns in my Stitch n Bitch books and online in people's blogs and other websites...I think I have KO...Knitting Overload! So many pretty things, not enough time!

So in terms of WIPs I have for scrapbooking, this is much much worse. I seem to be incapable of finishing anything. I have 5 WIPs in total: our honeymoon album, which I started last fall shortly after the honeymoon because I couldn't take the pressure of starting my wedding album...the honeymoon album is ALMOST done, I'm talking like 4 layouts away from being done; our wedding album, which I have made odd pages for as I went to classes and did wedding layouts, nothing concrete put together; the Krista and John album, I haven't finished that because I haven't decided if I want the wedding prep to go in there, or in our wedding album...suggestions are appreciated!; our anniversary album, but in my own defence, that will never be finished because we only just had our first anniversary this October so I will have many more years of memories to put in there; and finally my school years album, I made it as far as high school prom but haven't started the four years at university. Please note that I have done very little if any journally in any of these albums...I am petrified of writing a story incorrectly, or of not telling the whole story and confusing people who read my journalling when I'm not there. Yes, I will do it someday...someday...

I would include pictures, but I would rather focus on the positive, so I will take pictures of those WIPs that become FPs....finished projects!

1 Comments:

Blogger continueinkind said...

Oh, 3 projects is like not having any! You need more!! Bring your purse pieces to Knit Knite and someone will show you how to crochet them together.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home