Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Rainbows and raindrops

Today was one of those weird weather days. In the early hours this morning, it was apparently close to 70 degrees out and then by the time I was up and around, it was closer to 30 degrees. We will apparently get some of our first snow tonight. So I was out and about today running errands and it was very cloudy out (you know, the dark ones) and raining a little bit but then every once in a while the sun would peek out of a big break in the clouds and everything would look so ominous except for that little burst of sunlight drenching everything. Well wouldn't you know, that I saw a full out rainbow two times today when that sun came out...I know rainbows aren't that uncommon, but it was still pretty darn cool. I wish I had a picture of that.

We went to visit Christine and Craig today. Craig is one of John's friends from highschool, and he and Christine just had twins (one boy, one girl; fraternal) six weeks ago. Man, those babies sure were cute. So now I want one! Eventually! But they really had their hands full...they have a son Jake who is three as well. That's a lot of work.

Otherwise it wasn't that productive a day. My dream of making some of my Christmas cards and mailing them got a little dented today when the woman at the post office told me that the card I made was an unusual shape and would incur a surcharge, and that instead I should make it a regular envelope size...well, I don't want my cards to be regular envelope size so I'm letting that idea go.

I don't know what it is, but I cannot seem to finish a project for the life of me. My poncho that I am knitting has been untouched in a week....I haven't even finished our honeymoon scrapbook or started our wedding one...but by calling my blog "knittinandscrappin" then I kind of make it sound like I do a lot of that so maybe it will be an incentive to stick with it....you know, stay the course! See it through! Who am I kidding...I have a headache and it's time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home