Friday, November 11, 2005

Tropical Tree-Like Plant VS Marmelade

Marmelade loves my tropical tree-like plant. It was a housewarming gift from John's aunt and uncle last year. It lived a relatively peaceful life until Marmelade moved in. I think Marmelade likes the plant because a) there is a fair amount of dirt in the pot and b) the plant actually has a trunk and is about waist-tall so it's apparently really fun to climb for little kitties. I've caught Marmelade on the plant a few times, but he just kind of climbed up on it and then I'd holler at him or spray him with water and he'd go away. The plant hid out in our bedroom for a few days when I was really worried about it, but Marmelade left it alone when it was in there. So the plant returned to its original spot and everything seemed fine..until last Sunday night. The plant had its main trunk and then another little stump trunk that didn't have any leaves or anything...and now it doesn't anymore. Marmelade ripped the little trunk out of the plant! And made a huge mess of dirt and plant trunk! GAH! I WAS SO MAD! So I locked the plant up in the spare bedroom, I thought it would be safe there. But I have to go in there once in a while so I thought I'd let the cat in while I'm in there and supervise him. Well wouldn't the little bugger go right for the plant everytime? So then I freaked and decided that either the plant or the cat had to go...so I put the plant in the basement! It's so perfect! The cat is never down there so both the plant and the cat can happily co-exist in my home...and I don't have to constantly watch Marmelade or holler at him anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home