Monday, December 12, 2005

Gas on!

What a great weekend we just had! We went up to Old Forge, New York for Snodeo, which is basically the kickoff to the snowmobile season and it features a trade show and races and demos. And riding snowmobiles! We snowmobiled Saturday and Sunday.

I have only been snowmobiling one other time and that was like three years ago. There was a tonne of snow near Buffalo (like there isn't always a lot of snow near Buffalo, but I digress) so John and I went with a bunch of people to go riding. I rode on the back of John's sled. Let me just say it was not the best experience of my life; I didn't dress warmly enough, and by the end of the night I had motion sickness from being bounced around on the back of the sled. I was not a big fan.

Fast forward to 2005...this time I got to ride on my niece's sled (she was kind of disappointed because she was just licenced to ride by herself on the sled and she was really looking forward to it, but her parents told her that I was riding) and it was wicked. I still need to get a feel for leaning into the turns and getting comfortable with going a bit faster (I was really holding everyone back, I felt bad) but I did really well. And to top it off, I wasn't cold and I wasn't sick. So I bought the motion sickness medicine for nothing! :) That's okay. It is so beautiful in Old Forge. It is right at the start of the Adirondacks and some of the trails take you on big hills where you can see for miles. The trails for the most part are nice and wide and once they have a better base, are very well groomed. I'm excited to go again!

All this snowmobiling is really cutting into my knitting time though...it's December 12 and I still have at least half a scarf to go, if not more! GAH! Must get knitting...

I tried to make molasses crinkles today as part of my Christmas baking. I don't know why they turned out differently than when my mom makes them, but they just weren't quite right..and I messed a whole bunch of them up when I was taking them off of the cookie sheet. I was SO annoyed. They taste great though, so that's the important part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home