Thursday, December 15, 2005

No Knit Knite for me

So due to the freezing rain/sleet that is coming down right now (or maybe it's snowing now, I'm not sure...I can hear the wind and I can't hear rain, so it must be snow now) I decided in the end that it was not a good idea to go to Knit Knite. I even called my mom to get confirmation that I was crazy to think that voluntarily driving when the conditions are bad would be a good idea. And she confirmed I was crazy. So I'm home in my nice warm house with my nice warm slippers and my nice warm kitty on my lap...and soon I'll go and knit with a nice warm blanket on me....ummmmm! I get warm fuzzies just thinking about it. Okay, now the cat is off of my lap and trying to jump at and eat my fingers as I'm typing. But I'm not finished typing yet.

So the shortbread I mentioned in my last post? Yeah...it tastes great! But the darn stuff wouldn't come out of the dish! I even greased it up extra well. I don't get it, like only two of the bars came out nicely. Oh well, John and I ate it right out of the pan, crumbs and all, but that doesn't exactly help the Christmas baking situation. That's okay, my sister is coming to visit next week (YAHOO! I CAN'T WAIT!) and she wants to help with the baking, and she's really good at that stuff, and normally I am too but anyways, we're going to bake and have a great time.

Okay, time to find a warm mug of tea to have with my knitting...

1 Comments:

Blogger continueinkind said...

I love shortbread, in the pan or out!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home