Monday, January 02, 2006

THE PONCHO IS OFF THE NEEDLES!

Words cannot describe how proud I am to announce that I finished knitting the poncho. And it actually looks like a poncho and it actually fits and I actually like it and I think I will actually wear it! UNBELIEVABLE! This was by far the biggest project I have ever attempted, so I am so tickled pink with myself. I would post a pic, but I haven't started or finished the i-cord that is supposed to go up near the neckline. I just had to start something else, I didn't want to do the i-cord yet. So I started on my felted bag and it's going really well so far. I also tried to start a pair of socks, not the butterfly socks but another pair of socks I already knit the gauge for. I've never really knit on double pointed needles before so that was hard to figure out how the needles had to go with all of the stitches on them. I started a couple of times and I think I've got the hang of it, but it wasn't as much fun as the purse so I ditched it. I'll start the i-cord tomorrow or something.

I was really hoping to have the poncho finished by 2006 and I was so close. I only had 5 rows and binding off left on the 30th. But the 31st turned into a day of visiting the in-laws, running some errands, and then cleaning up and preparing muchies and getting dinner and then cleaning that up before John's sister and her family came over for New Year's. So instead I finished it on the 1st. That's pretty much what I did all day - finished knitting it and then I wove in all of the ends.

Oh right, I was so excited to write about my poncho that I didn't even write about New Year's. It was nice! We had a good time. I far prefer to have a nice quiet night with friends than go out on the town and be out with throngs of people. It must be my old age talking! :)

So 2006 has been pretty good so far, all two days of it. Lots of knitting, quality time with family...just the way I like it!

1 Comments:

Blogger continueinkind said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! THE I-CORD WILL GO SO FAST ONCE YOU START. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PONCHO AT KNIT KNITE. THE FIRST ON OF 2006 IS 1/12 AT THE STORE!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home