Saturday, January 14, 2006

A Project Update...and Saturday Stuff


I think I am starting to become overwhelmed by all of the projects I am currently working on and all of the projects that I want to start.

To recap, both for my readers and for myself, this is what I am currently working on: (hold on, must go and get my very full knitting bag...)

-a pretty little discloth for my own kitchen, to replace one of the ones that I got as a wedding shower present. I couldn't figure out how to make the one that I got, so I am making my own using an odd number of stitches and a K1, P1 pattern. It is making a fairly sturdy little cloth and I am very pleased. I am almost halfway done that. Wohoo for small projects!

digging deeper in the bag we find...

-Meema's Felted Marsupial Tote, from Stitch n Bitch, which is coming along swimmingly...I think I am almost ready to switch to the second color which is a gorgeous chocolate brown

under that we find...

-my Lion Brand socks which I am knitting from the pattern on the back of the yarn package. I've never knit socks before, and I have never knit on DPNs before, so I figured I'd give it a shot before I tried some other patterns.

and what just came in the mail and that I just brought in literally two minutes ago?

-my KnitPicks Shine yarn in Cream to make Picovoli . I am so excited! This will be my first KAL and now I can finally start! I think it may be a little hard though, but at least I have the Sexy Knitters Club website to refer to.

My projects are pictured above, not really in any sort of order because that would require me to be more organized. And since I just tore all over the house looking for my S n B book and then my camera to even write this post, I'm done.

As for things I would like to make, my list is getting bigger and bigger. Here are some listed below:

-Lucky, from S n B Nation, it is so delicate looking and would be so nice for work
-Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers, from S n B Nation (that is what I will use my dyeable yarn from KnitPics for, I'm excited!) though I don't think I'll make them as long as the armwarmers
-Cable Knit Purse which is just SO beautiful and feminine! I think I might make it with the butterfly from Butterflies are Free in S n B Nation though, cause I LOVE butterflies!
-Halley's Comet Hat, because I am totally in love with it! Though I think that I would have to have my head down all of the time so people can see the top of the hat because it is so pretty
-Honeymoon Cami, because summer is just around the corner! And you can't go wrong with a cute cami to wear under a suit or just on it's own on the weekend
-Jaywalker socks, mainly because I have seen Lisa and Lynne's WIPs of this pattern and it looks very hard! and very pretty! Maybe it's just the yarn they are using, but I would like to attempt this...someday...
-Butterfly Socks, from my gift from the Christmas Knit Party
-Sitcom Chic cardi, because I am slowly becoming obsessed with this pattern. I literally look at it everday. It would be perfect for the office at my new job, cute yet professional
-Tempting, because it looks pretty easy and I am really interested in making more garments to wear
-Straight Neck Pullover from Hollywood Knits, because it looks fairly easy and I'd like to have a breezy sweater

I think that is the list for now. I get so excited, I just want to start more and more things, but I really need to finish something too. I have one more week of lazing around, so we'll see what else I can knock off the list.

Okay must go and knit before I have to start supper. I am going to try another new recipe, Lazy Perogy Casserole. I love perogies, and since I really don't know how to make them, though I am sure they are super easy, and since I never remember to buy them at the store, I figured this would help to satisfy the craving. Then John and I are having a Date Night In, and we're going to have some recreational beverages and play games. My friend Anna and I just cracked open our new Sequence travel version the other night (it is the most fun and most addictive game ever, you MUST get it!), so I think that we will play Sequence and Uno and maybe some other games that we got, I think we have Taboo and some kind of Rummoli game in the game drawer too. I am so excited, I don't know why I am so into board games lately but it's so fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home