Thursday, January 05, 2006

So much progress...

Yesterday was pretty much a knitting day. So, I started and finished the i-cord for the poncho! YAY me! So it is now OFFICIALLY done! I would post a pic, but I want one of me wearing it and unfortunately there is no one here right now to take a picture but the cat. I also finished up the bottom of my felted purse from the first S 'n B book. Which really, wasn't that much of an accomplishment. It's only 16 sts wide and knitting 44 rows with that few stitches on such big needles takes no time at all. I was just stalling a bit because I'm not 100% sure of the next step and I really don't want to mess it all up. See, I don't know how to fix mistakes. So I just don't make them. I think I might try knitting up a little swatch and testing it out on my own to see if I do it right. I have to pick up stitches from the sides and bottom of the purse so that I'll be knitting it in the round the rest of the way up. I'm sure it's deceptively simple, but I scared!

I had my third interview for as many jobs at the same company today. Again, it went well. I got word that I will be contacted shortly for a second interview for one of the jobs so I am really excited and I really hope it get it! GAH! Continue to keep your fingers crossed. I know they are cramping up now, but just do it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Hey, thanks for commenting! I used to live in the Newfane/ Lockport area, so I know exactly where Albion is. To answer your question, I take pottery at Genesee Center for the Arts on Monroe Ave. in Rochester. I really enjoyed my class last semester (although I wasn't very good at it!), and am taking another class this winter. Their website is www.geneseearts.org if you want to check it out.

Also I was reading one of your older posts, and saw that you mentioned Rochester's S 'n B. I'm in it! Chicks with Sticks... it's alot of fun. You should stop by sometime, everyone is very friendly.

8:03 PM  
Blogger continueinkind said...

Is Knitten' Pretty trying to steal you from our Knit Knite? Because we clearly got you first!
I will be home this weekend if you want to stop by with your bag. I'd love to help. I'll be at work tomorrow till 5 if your going to Medina.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home