Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ahhhh Sunday...where did the weekend go?

This week, I have tried to make a concerted effort to knit a little bit everyday. Which doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is for me. I find by the time I get home, make dinner, sit, figure out what I'm going to wear the next day and de-wrinkle it, make my lunch, play with the cat and get his food and litter all set, it is like 10 and I need to go to bed. Where does the time go? If I want to get any of my projects EVER finished, there must be some daily work happening. So have I have tried to knit two rows everyday. And since I'm currently focusing on Sitcom Chic, that takes about 45 minutes becuase I'm working with 147 stitches on a row. It's coming along! I got more done on it this weekend. It's a nice pattern because you start at the bottom of the cardigan, and then you only do an increase row once every 12 rows. So it's mostly mindless at this point. My kind of knitting! Picovoli is still sitting in a heap of yarn, still not on the needles. If I have time today, I might cast on for it again.

So today is Daytona 500 Day, the one Nascar race John actually makes a point of watching. So he's on the couch most of today. Me, I have a little array of projects I am going to work on. We bought Quicken personal finance software yesterday so I'm going to install that. I am also going to set up our filing cabinet with files to keep track of all of our stuff. I have some reading to do for work, that will help me prepare for the future opportunities in the department. Of course, some work on Sitcom Chic and Picovoli. And I'm going to do some fun reading! I have decided to join a book club that one of the new girls at work told me about, and I am so excited. I have always wanted to be a part of a book club and be more well read. We are reading Marley and Me, by John Grogan. It's about their lab, Marley, and their adventures raising him. It's really good so far!

Well, off to my Sunday tasks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

Knitting a little bit everyday is a big deal when you are working every day! Nice to see you again last night!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home