Sunday, February 12, 2006

GAH!

It was a good weekend, all in all. Saturday my parents came up to visit and we checked out the town of Medina. Though Medina is where I go to Knit Knite, I have never been anywhere else in town except for the yarn store. I tend not to be a very adventurous person, but having my parents here was the perfect excuse to explore a little. Very cute shops there. Then we headed back to our house, where John and I made dinner for all of our parents. It was really nice. Our families live so far apart that they really haven't seen each other much since our wedding, so it was a good night. I miss my parents a lot, especially when I've had a great visit and then they go home.

Today was laundry and knitting day. The laundry went smoothly enough, I actually folded stuff that has sat in baskets for two weeks because I was way too lazy. And the knitting....so I was working away on Picovoli because I had finally figured it all out with the picot edge thing. I was knitting a round where I had to knit so many stitches and then place a marker, etc. Well, I was just coming around the bend to the end of the round when I discovered that I was one stitch too short. I went back and counted everything...no, all of the other markers were in the right place. GAH! So somewhere, somehow, when I did the picot row with the yarn overs, knit two togethers, I lost a stitch. Because I had the right number when I cast on! DOUBLE GAH! I am such a perfectionist that it would drive me crazy if it wasn't correct right from the beginning. So. I. Ripped. It. Out. AGAIN. OMG talk about frustration. I had to put it down and physically walk away. And then I picked up Sitcom Chic, which is my lovely one button cardigan that I had only just cast on for. I bought some circular needles to knit it on since the crowded straight needle was driving me bonkers, so I happily worked on that today with no problems. I'm debating trying to start Picovoli again tonight, but I think I might just keep it simple for the rest of the weekend and not further frustrate myself. Yeah, that's what I'll do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home