Monday, February 06, 2006

A knitting update...

This past week was tax free week in NYS. Which also includes yarn, if you are using it to make a garment.

So to take full advantage, I decided to venture to a yarn shop. On Knittin' Pretty's blog she talked about a yarn shop over in Henrietta which is also very close to where I work, so when I got out on Saturday after my overtime I thought it would be the perfect time to go. Plus, they had a coupon on their website for $10 off if you spend over $40. Tax free and saving $10? Really, I couldn't not go!

The Yarne Shop, as it is called, was so cute. And on display they had the most fabulous purses I have ever seen! Well, most fabulous knitted purses anyways. And they have classes to learn how to make them. That will definitely be on my list of things to do! Anywho, I found yarn to make a Halley's Comet Hat and Lucky. I am so excited!

Last night I restarted Picovoli and am now three rows in. Which doesn't sound like much, but it's my best bit of progress to date! Now I just have to figure out how to knit in the front and back of a stitch, and I will be okay.

Okay, must go and knit...

2 Comments:

Blogger In a good place! said...

http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1667&sid=30d3de91823ed0ad2e0774f7e06226ed
this is a link for a video on how to knit in front and back. If you still have problems bring it Thursday - you are coming aren't you?

8:15 AM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

mwahaha, don't you love tax free week? I took advantage of it as well and splurged on yarn big time...

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home