Sunday, February 26, 2006

Knitting

Some knitting was accomplished this week. Much more was completed after Lynne showed me how to make a stitch so I could continue with my Sitcom Chic cardigan. It was so simple, but I'll be darned if I could do it on my own looking at a diagram of how to do it. Thankfully, I was able to teach myself how to unknit something, so I was able to fix my mistake and then carry on after Thursday's Knit Knite.

So I've knitted a lot more this weekend. Not as much as I could've, I guess. There was a fair amount going on. The requisite cleaning and laundry which only seems to get done on weekends, the grocery shop, the hair appointment, visiting with the in-laws, and reading. I finally finished Marley and Me, and just in time too because Book Club is this Thursday (why does everything I am interested in have to be on a Thursday? WHY?) It was such a great book, I cried for just about the last 40 pages though because I knew what was coming. But there was much laughing too, which made it a very good book.

For some reason, all of this week I have had a very strong urge to go running. In highschool, I was on the track team and I LOVED IT! I loved the feeling of exhirilation when I was pushing my body to new limits and challenging myself to beat my own best time. I loved that running high. And I miss it. Since highschool, I have not been able to commit to a running schedule, or any sort of workout schedule for that matter. Which is SO bad. But I think I am finally ready to make that commitment to myself, especially since I have been feeling that yearning to run. So I decided to start out slowly and start walking first. John and I went for a nice walk this morning along the canal, and though we froze our butts off, we enjoyed ourselves. The last time I tried running was about 3 years ago now and a friend and I decided to do a 5 km marathon, but in training for it I pulled a muscle very badly in my knee. So walking to build up strength is definitely a necessity. Then I'll run a little bit at a time and see how it goes. Hopefully by the time I'm running a lot spring will be here and it won't be so cold outside! I'm really pumped. And in writing about it, I hope that it means that I will be more likely to stick with it. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I do wish you luck. You live in a beautiful area to walk/run and before you know it the nice weather will be here. I think most knitters are conflicted between the need to knit and the importance of staying fit. Perhaps we could learn to walk and knit at the same time. Now that would be a real feat of coordination!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Hey Krista, just wanted to let you know that my move is complete... you can find me at http://fondlemysweaters.blogspot.com from now on. I have a new button and everything :)

Kelly B.
(formerly Knittin' Pretty)

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home