Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thursday

I should be going to bed now, since I have to get up at 5:30 for work. But I'm just not tired enough to go to bed. I will invariably lay there, with my mind working at top speed, for at least half an hour and then I might fall asleep. So frustrating! I wish I was one of those people who could fall asleep right away.

Oh, I didn't blog about this the other night. Our kitten is now 5 months old and he is oh so curious and gets into EVERYTHING! We've been putting him in the basement when we're not home or when we are sleeping, because he can have the run of the whole basement and that way he won't get in to anything upstairs. Well, I feel bad putting Marmelade down there at night because he cries and wants to be upstairs with me. So on Tuesday night, I decided that I would let the cat stay upstairs for the night as a trial run. When he gets older and calms down more, he won't have to spend the night downstairs. And for the first 2 months he was here, he stayed upstairs at night. So I thought it wouldn't be a big deal AT ALL for him to be upstairs. Boy was I wrong! I went to bed at 10:30 and I woke up at midnight to a big crash. I go out to the living room to find the cat had knocked over the table lamp and broke part of it (thankfully nothing crucial because it still works) and got glass everywhere! And he also got into our fake plant-tree and knocked it over and pulled a bunch of the leaves off. What a little bugger! So the cat will no longer be hanging out upstairs unsupervised.

And even tonight, he was trying to climb the fake plant-tree again! As soon as I would come over, he would run behind the couch where he knows I can't get him. GAH! I love him, but he drives me NUTS!

I made cookies tonight. I have been craving cookies for a while. And after dinner was so crappy, I needed a pick-me-up. I made turkey chili with our leftover turkey. It was one of those things where they give you the seasoning and the beans and you add the rest of the stuff. It was so bland, and even with adding chili powder it wasn't that great. I hope John liked it, because there is a lot more left.

So not really a lot of knitting going on here. I'm going to have to get myself into a weeknight knitting routine, or else I will never get anything done. And I can't buy more yarn unless I am finishing projects. GAH!

Okay, now I'm starting to feel tired. Good night!

1 Comments:

Blogger In a good place! said...

Poor Marmelade exhiled to the basement:( when she gets into mischief try spraying her with a water bottle, people say it works great.
As for left over turkey, if you have more or next time you have some, check out my turkey enchilada recipe from a November post (sometime after Thanksgiving) it's really good.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home