Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mysterious Ways

Today started out really crappy. I arrived at work today to find the mountain of papers on my desk that have been accumulating since Monday. I felt like I was drowning. So I started in on it as soon as I got there, hoping to make a bit of a dent. My coworker who sits across the aisle asked me if everything was okay, because I obviously wasn't my regular cheerful self) and that's when it all came out. She is a wonderful person, and patiently listened while I agonized and cried (yes, I cried at work, though not in front of everyone THANK GOODNESS) and she empathized and explained that she knew exactly how I felt and that she had been there too, feeling overwhelmed and in tears. I felt so much better knowing I wasn't the only one. Something about our conversation really helped me recover and get back on track.

As we came close to lunch time, she told me that she and one of my other coworkers are starting a bible study and plan to meet on Wednesdays on our lunch hour and she asked if I would like to join. We've talked about our faith before, and though we are both spiritual, we worship privately on our own and not in a formal church setting. I was really touched that she included me in this. We had a great time over our lunch hour, discussing the scripture and talking about the discussion questions.

I don't know how, but she really knew exactly what I needed today. I feel like I have been losing perspective due to the stress I have been feeling, but somehow by the end of the day today, even though I was completely exhausted, my desk looked a lot better and I felt a lot better.

I came home tonight and spent some time knitting, for probably the longest time on a weeknight since I started working (aside from Knit Knite). It was great, and it was exactly what I needed. I finally picked up Picovoli again (yes, I know, it is still no where near done...it's awful!) and I got past my trouble spot so now I seem to be on track. That is very VERY exciting.

So what started out as a total crap day turned out to be a good day. And tomorrow will definitely be a good day, because it's Knit Knite and I am bringing my knitting in my new bag and I will be buying yarn to make purses for me, Karen, and Hillary, and the yarn I need to buy is on sale. A YARN SALE! Life does not get better than this! ;)

Okay, bed time for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home